Wednesday, April 4, 2018

I Speak German - April 4, 2018

Hola mis amores! Como han estado? Cuanto tiempo!

Time has been flying by here, in this sector with Hermana Maldo! We have been working a ton with less active members, hosting parties every monday night also known as family home evening, doing 15 minute little visits, and being therepists for feelings that have been hurt. Sometimes we may feel angry or confused for things that happen in our life or for things that others have done to us. But I loved General Conference this weekend! I got to watch it in spanish but it was still the same spirit and love that I felt from watching it with my family! I especially loved the talk by Brian K. Taylor. From what i have seen over these past couple of weeks is that these people have such divine potential but literally have a wall between their spiritual progression and relationship with their Father in Heaven because of their pride and not wanting to forgive. I have totally experienced this, i think we all have, but the Lord promises us that when we pray for peace and the strength to forgive, our hearts can be softened and can recieve a clear conscience. If your heart doesnt soften after the first prayer, stick a jolly rancher in your mouth and pray until it evaporates. Let go of pride, forgive yourself, forgive others, and only be left with peace from our Heavenly Father. 

Okay funny moment for the week: 
Last night, me and my comp were waiting in the plaza for our sister training leaders when this homeless man wearing the dopest bricks on his feet trots over to us asking for money. We offer him candy and a picture of Jesus when we begins to start singing in the most beautiful voice. For sure, i thought he was famous, so i asked him. He began to tell me that indeed he is famous and after i sang for him he told me he would give me singing lessons. Then he started spekaing in a mysterious language that me and my comp couldnt understand. We asked if it was German and he told us yes! This poor poor man, i pointed to my name tag and told him that my name was german and attempted to speak back hoping that the gift of tongues would kick in. Well, it did! We had a 5 minute converstaion in "German" talking back and forth while my comp was rolling on the floor in humiliation. I love to have fun with the people here, Chileans are the best! 

My favorite scripture this week is Helaman 3:35. I have really been working on humility here and not getting caught up in competing or comparing myslef to the progression of othewrs here! its sooo easy! But this scripture has helped me a ton! We need to continually keep waxing strong in the gospel doing the little things every day to progress. Keep adding to your candle to illuminate your life and the lives of others! 

Love you all so much! Definitely felt your thoughts and prayers after a bit of a rough week! God lives and He loves us so much! He is my biggest cheerleader and through Him i know all things are possible! LOVES!

Hermana Pulsi 

Homecoming!

Sarah returns from a successful mission! Well done though good and faithful servant!! We are so proud of you...