Wednesday, November 28, 2018

JB volvió a mi vida - Nov 28, 2018

BUENOS DIAS FAM!

This week has been tons of fun in my new TRIOO! They are some good friends of mine in the mission and the work is always a little more of a party when you got two of your best gal pals right by your side. 

I am back in the ghetto with some good humble chileans. There arent very many foreigners but we got a good scare the other night when a guy on a motorcycle jumped up on the sidewalka nd tried to rob my companion when he came past us but instead just punched her in the gut. My comp is okay, we have just started to do p90x kick boxing for our morning exercises. Aint nobody messin with my clique.
Yesterday I was able to finally meet the one and only Hector. He is a 70 year old machine. He has been giving out Books of mormon to his friends and inviting them to church. This guy contacted Warner and Knight last change in the street and has been a super star friend ever since. We go over yeterday and he was listening to "Preach my gospel"(The missionary guide book that we study)!!! He says, "Yeah, I was just taking advantage of time and started exploring whats on this lds app on my phone and I started listening to this book."He even has a favorite prophet, Brigham young. Do I even have a favorite prophet?? He also brought a bomb friend to church today!Keep calm and find more people like Hector.


Today we contacted a couple from Venezuela. They were full on rejecting us. They were SUPER catholic and were trying to politley push us out the door but Ive never had the spirit touch me so strongly during a contact. I had so much love for this couple after a short 2 minute conversation. We were able to make it into their house, gift them a book of mormon, commit them to read a chapter and bless their home. I dont know why the spirit was insisting so much to persist with this couple but I trust that Heavenly Father knows what He is doing!

Also, we celebrated thanksgiving, kinda! Turkey doesnt exist here, neither does stuffing but we made do with a rotisery (i know I spelt that wrong) chicken and some deviled eggs. Then we topped off the night putting up the christmas tree and blasting Justin Biebers new christmas album (President approved). 

We ended off the week with a stake service project! We have 600 members and 40 people showed up. 19 of those people being missionaries... It wa lit.

Have a stellar week, God loves you and so do I!!!

Homecoming!

Sarah returns from a successful mission! Well done though good and faithful servant!! We are so proud of you...