Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Don't dance in front of the Bishop - September 5, 2018

Okay, where do i begin? My sector right now is the nicest sector in the whole mission. There are tons of apartment buildings and everyone is always rushing from one place to another so its really hard to get a good contact in! There are also tons of young people wearing the latest trends so i get to see whats in style right now, so i LOVE that. The members in my ward are dedicated to their callings and the men are worthy priesthood holders. The Bishop scares me a little because he never tells us what he thinks and never smiles but i love the guy! Hes a machine.

My comps name is Hermana Cutler and she is the most obedient companion i have ever had, and my first american comp! She is from Bountiful Utah and is the last of 8 kids with about 50 nieces and nephews. Her parents are actually 3rd cousins too and her mom almost didnt have her but then had revelation that there was still one more waiting in heaven! So basically i can now believe Lindas story and im not adopted like how all my brothers and sisters have told me. My comp does workouts for a little bit longer every day and goes really hard, like extremely hard. And i join her but its just too much for me... like this morning i almost threw up after our workout. But im stoked, cause shes gonna help me to get the 6 pack ive always wanted. It is a little harder for her to see the "fun" part of the mission though so im trying to help her relax a little! She told me that i am the first comp she has ever had that she has felt "completely" comfortable with in such a short amount of time! I think President always send me the ones that just need a good friend and who have usually just come from someone they had a hard time with.

This week we had our ward talent show and bishop told us we could only sing a church hymn. I was actually kinda embaressed. Like a hyped up church talent show and then the missionaries come out and sing a church hymn?? So messed. But we did it and nailed it. I even threw in a dab at the end (is that still cool?). And we won an award for "best effort". #lit But our investigator Rodrigo was involved in the act of the ym and yw and he was put as John Travolta in Grease lighting. He started to dirty dancy and get REALLY into it, like REALLY into it, i was laughing so hard. He rocked it though. The relief society did a zumba dance with the crowd and i get up to do it too and accidentally got a little excited (you know how i get) and the members totally bashed me after. "Hermana PulsiPerhaahak, I thought missionaries werent allowed to dance???" Bishop wasnt too happy, so now i think i know why he only let us sing a church hymn. They were just messing with me but the way chileans joke around still scares me a little. 

We taught our dream investigator Catherine from Columbia the law of chastity this week and it went SO good. I hate teaching that lesson and we were so worried because she is living with her boyfriend but at the end she told us, "I want to live the law of chastity sisters. All the other churches tell you to live it but they dont say why, and you guys explained everything so perfect (thankyou Family proclamtion to the world). I know that i am a daughter of God and I have value" It was the cutest thing ever. Through teaching her, i truly have gained a strong testimony of the people who are seriously prepared by God beforehand! I also need to get a picture of her and her daughter because they are the most beautiful people i have ever taught. She has really good style and her 10 month old baby is a little black baby that always sports space buns and dresses better than Kim K. 

Today, we left the city of Santiago and went into the farm side of Santiago, it reminded me a lot of ramona. We went to an ostrich farm and stood on ostrich eggs and looked at ostriches race back and forth in a cage. They are the weirdest animals ever. But it was a ton of fun to skip the usual pday routine of watching a movie with the zone and playing soccer. 

Its funny how no matter how much time in the mission you have, you are always learning something new or finding other weaknesses you didnt know you had before. Looking back, my knowledge and testimony has grown so much in such a short amount of time. And with everyday that passes i know that this step in my life was so so necessary. I thank my Heavenly Father so much for that. I still have a lot of time left but it gives me a lot of comfort to know that this life is an eternal progression. Repentance is an everyday ritual. We just need to leave our bad habits behind and try to be a little better everyday. Its hard, but He never asked us to do it alone. I know that my Heavenly Father is aware of me and loves me. It doesnt matter who you are or what circumstance you are in, He never forgets about us. I love sharing this message, its one of hope, and its one meant for every one of his children. 

I love you all so much, and I pray every day that you all can continue to have spirutal experiences back home. Im so thankful for you guys, my heart is so full! Let God shape you!

Hermana Pulsipher 

Homecoming!

Sarah returns from a successful mission! Well done though good and faithful servant!! We are so proud of you...